Thursday, February 25, 2010

#4, Spend a full day at a spa and #16 Get a manicure

I always intended for these two items to go together (although it was always possible that I would get a manicure separately first). For my birthday this year, my parents got me a lovely large gift certificate for a local spa and today was the big spa day. I got the following treatments:

-Mango glow exfoliating scrub
-60 minute Swedish massage
-Eyebrow grooming
-Manicure
-Pedicure
-Aromatherapy wrap

I didn't actually take my camera with me, but here's a picture of the outside of the spa that someone else took:


(Note: It was not snowing today, although it was really, really cold.)

I thought that having a camera around might make some folks nervous, especially in the dressing room, so I settled for before and after pictures of my hands and feet.

So, here's the manicure:

Before



After



And the pedicure:

Before



After



It's too bad I scraped my toe up the other day--otherwise all my toes would look just perfect! I really like the dark red polish. I couldn't commit to a red or pink for my fingers, so I ended up with the silver and it's growing on me.

I was at the spa from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, which I think qualifies as an entire day. So, that's two goals accomplished today, February 25th!

Tomorrow I leave on my trip with my mom and next week I will visit Rennes le Chateau! So that will be 4 goals accomplished in two weeks. I might just make all of my goals yet.

2 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

An entire day at the spa?! You lucky girl! Your toes look awesome by the way. I'm also the dark red nail polish type.

Kat said...

Thanks! The manicure came off quickly, but the toes have endured. :o) They're a little chipped, but still look pretty good.