Saturday, August 22, 2009

#26, Milk a cow

The Iowa State Fair is an event of epic proportions that contains many varied opportunities for learning and exploration. And beer. And some of the least healthy food you'll ever eat.


While the Fair is not my favorite annual event, I wanted to go this year because of the opportunity to milk a cow! The Iowa State University Dairy Science Club was sponsoring an exhibit where you could pay $2.00 and try your hand at milking.


While this exhibit was clearly aimed at children, I wasn't embarrassed. Much. Until the milking guy laughed at me.


Actually, he was very nice and helpful. And the cow was lovely and soft and didn't seem to mind at all that about a jillion kids were lined up to pull on her.

Afterwards, I rewarded myself with Fair food on a stick, dipped in chocolate.


So, number 26 was completed today, August 22nd. And I've completed 8.5 out of 30 goals. We are definitely going to Dragon*Con in less than 2 weeks, and I can't wait! The only problem will be picking the best pictures to post when I get back. We will possibly be driving down to Worlds of Fun in September or October, where I could do chess coaster.

I don't know if I will get 15 of my 30 goals completed by my birthday this year, but I think I'm doing okay. I have about 15 months to go and 21.5 goals to complete. Getting there!

2 comments:

mahafakir said...

You said you identified things you wanted to do before you turned 30. Was finding boy friend one of them?

Kat said...

Actually, it was not. Because I am married. Thanks for your comment!